Roberto Martinez new national coach of Ronaldo & co? Three-quarters of the Portuguese do not like that


A few days after his term with the Red Devils, ex-national coach of the Red Devils Roberto Martinez (49) seems to be on his way to becoming national coach of another country: Portugal. But Portuguese fans don’t seem to be thrilled by the arrival of the Spaniard.

Jeroen DePauw

On December 31, 2022, Martinez’s contract with the Belgian Football Association expired, but now the Spaniard would already be close to a new position as T1 of Portugal. An oral agreement would even have been reached between the two parties, at least that was reported The Athletic Saturday.

The Portuguese newspaper A Bola asked its readers about the possible arrival of the Spaniard with a simple yes-no question: “Would Roberto Martínez be a good national coach for the Portuguese selection?”.

The results? They are fairly uniform. Only 25.2% chose ‘yes’, the other 74.8% would rather not see Martinez come. So if Martinez becomes the new national coach, he will be able to do his best to conquer the hearts of the Portuguese.

Previous Post

Ready for Australian Open: Novak Djokovic saves match point in Adelaide and comes with 92nd ATP title alongside Rafael Nadal

Next Post

A few years ago the next big thing, today there is no longer her on a tennis court: Naomi Osaka, (tennis) princess in a golden cage

Related Posts